The limited by shares company ‘Ascencio’, a real estate company regulated by Belgian law (SIR publique), with its head office at 6041 Gosselies, Avenue Jean Mermoz, 1 bte 4 – registered at the Crossroad Bank for Enterprises under the number 0881.334.476 (hereinafter: ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘Ascencio’), is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our Policy explains:
- The information we gather;
- The use made of your information;
- The legal basis;
- The disclosure of your information;
- The transfer of your information;
- Your rights;
- The security of the information gathered;
- The storing of your information;
- The external websites/applications;
- The identity of the controller – contact details.
1. The information we gather
We gather and process the following data:
- Information you provide us with
It concerns information you give us by filling in forms on www.ascencio.be or in corresponding with us by telephone, email or by other means. This covers information you provide us with when you fill in our online contact form. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, etc.
- Information we gather about you
During each visit to our website, we automatically gather the following information:
- Technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, the type of browser and the version of your browser, the time zone setting, the type and the versions of the browser plugin, the operating system and the platform;
- Information concerning your visit, including the click streams of the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) to, through and from our website (including the date and time); the products/services seen or searched for; the response times of the page, the download errors, the duration of the visits to certain pages, information on the interactions with the page (such as scrolling, clicking, the positioning of the mouse), and the methods used to leave the page.
3. The use made of your information
We use your information in the following way:
- Information you provide us with
We use this information:
- To provide you with the information you ask from us (for example to receive our press releases and our biannual and annual financial reports, to receive information about our company by email);
- To examine and assess your application;
- pour examiner et évaluer votre candidature ;
- To give you information concerning our real estate portfolio;
- To ensure that the content of our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer/appliance.
- Information we gather
We use this information:
- To manage our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, tests, searches, and for statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our website in order to ensure that the content is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer/appliance;
- To allow you to take part in the interactive functions of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site secure;
- To formulate suggestions and recommendations about our services which may interest you.
We can combine the information you provide us with and the information we gather.
4. The legal basis
Your information is gathered and processed in virtue of the following legal bases:
- Your information is gathered and processed if it is necessary for the furtherance of our legitimate interests, on condition that your basic rights and freedoms are not affected (e.g. we use your information to find out your preferences in order to personalise our communication better).
- When you have given your consent for the gathering and the processing, e.g. if you have given your explicit consent for this purpose, we may use your email address to send you press releases or the annual report.
5. Disclosure of your information
We do not share your information with third parties.
However, we could be led to divulge it in the following cases:
- In the case of the purchase or selling of a company or assets, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to the seller or buyer of this company or assets;
- If we are obliged to disclose or share your data so as to respect a legal obligation or in order to protect the rights, the property and the security of ASCENCIO, our clients or others. This includes the sharing of information with public authorities (including judicial and police authorities) in the event of, for example, a cyber incident;
- As part of recruitment to external service providers linked to the recruitment;
6. The transfer of your information
We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
7. Your rights
You have certain rights concerning the information we hold about you. You can exercise these rights by contacting us (see the details regarding contact persons below).
- You have the right to access the information we hold about you – indeed we wish you to be aware of the information we hold about you and to permit you to check if we process your information in accordance with the applicable Legislation concerning data protection;
- You have the right, in certain circumstances, to request the restriction or termination of the processing of your information. In the case of restricted processing, we continue to keep your information but we no longer use it;
- You have the right to request the amendment of your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint concerning the way in which we handle or process your information with the national authority responsible for data protection;
- If our processing of your personal data rests specifically on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time;
- You have the right to receive, in certain circumstances, your data in a commonly used, structured, machine-readable and interoperable format so that you may reuse it for your purposes as part of different services.
You also have the right to object to certain types of processing.
Please note, however, that we may retain certain information, for legal or administrative purposes.
For all the above mentioned requests, please send us an email and writing ‘request concerning data protection’ in the subject line and including a copy of your identity card or other proof of your identity (e.g. a driving licence) to help us prevent any unauthorised person accessing, changing or deleting your information. We will reply as quickly possible. If we need more than a month (starting from your request being received) to reply to your request, we will keep you informed.
8. The security of the information gathered
We have implemented a certain number of security measures on our website to prevent the unauthorised disclosure or accessing of the information gathered and/or received. We have endeavoured to create a secure and reliable website. Please note, however, that the confidentiality of any communication, or other material, which is sent to us by or is sent by us to third parties via our website or by email cannot be guaranteed. We disclaim all responsibility concerning information sent through these methods.
All the information you provide us with is kept on secure servers.
9. The storing of your information
More specifically, we will store your information regarding your online request for as long as is necessary to provide you with the information requested.
- The processing of your data is necessary as regards an actual or potential legal dispute (e.g. we need this information to establish or protect rights), in which case we will keep your data until such a legal dispute has been completed; and/or
- The storing is necessary for us to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation (for example, for tax purposes), in which case we will keep your information as long as necessary for this obligation.
10. External websites
12. Identity of the controller – contact details
Any questions, comments or requests concerning the present declaration of confidentiality (including respecting your abovementioned rights) must be sent to Stéphanie Vanden Broecke, Secretary General & General Counsel, or to Laïni Zecchini, in-house lawyer, either by email to the following addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to the address of Ascencio’s head office: 1/4, Avenue Jean Mermoz, 6041 Gosselies.